If a student's progress becomes questionable as measured against the following standards, the student will be dropped from the program:
- Maintains an overall grade point average of 2.75 or higher.
- Maintains standards of English 101 in all written work: grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, vocabulary, pronunciation, and handwriting.
- Maintains standards of English oral communication.
- Maintains a professional attitude throughout all education assignments as evidenced by interacting effectively with peers, university instructors, and public school students and personnel.
- Completes all major courses with a C- grade or higher.
- Is able to meet the standards required in field experiences in a timely fashion. This category is measured regularity and candidates not passing in a given area need to fix this within two observation cycles. No "not mets" are allow on final observations.