Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Application Packet (pdf)
Students seeking teacher licensing in Hawaii or in their home country need to formally apply to the Teacher Education Program. Students must be admitted before enrolling for EDUC 312, Effective Pedagogy. This requirement enables field placements to be found for the licensing student.
Once admitted, students will be held to standards set by mutual agreement between the Teacher Education Program, the State of Hawaii Department of Education, the Hawaii Teacher Standards Board and government entities in other countries.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher - No D's or F's on the transcript.
- Completion of Math 100 or higher, English 101 (with a C- or higher).
- A graduation plan on file with the Academic Advisor.
- Successful completion of EDUC 212 (C- or higher).
- A completed application packet
- An interview with Teacher Education faculty.
Meeting all minimum standards does not guarantee admittance into a teacher education program.