Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Application Packet (pdf)
Students must formally apply for teacher practicum to obtain teacher licensing in Hawaii or their home country.
Please refer to the table below for application deadlines.
|491: Observation & Practicum||492: Student Teaching||Application Due Date|
|Fall 2023||Winter 2024||February 15, 2023|
|Winter 2024||Fall 2024||May 15, 2023|
During teacher practicum, students will be held to standards set by mutual agreement between the Teacher Education Program, the State of Hawaii Department of Education, the Hawaii Teacher Standards Board and government entities in other countries.
Teacher Practicum Criteria
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher - No D's or F's on the transcript.
- Completion of Math 100 or higher, English 101 (with a C- or higher).
- A graduation plan on file with the Academic Advisor.
- Successful completion of EDUC 212 (C- or higher).
- A completed application packet, submitted to Melanie Afualo, Teacher Licensing Coordinator
Meeting all minimum standards does not guarantee admittance into a teacher practicum.