Post Baccalaureate Licensure Option
Hawaii residents with an earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education who desire to teach in the public schools, but do not have an initial teacher license, may apply for admission to the Relevant licensing track in Elementary or Secondary Ed. Once admitted, the individual must complete the requirements as outlined for the chosen teacher licensing program. Not all applicants are accepted.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- No D's or F's on the transcript.
- Praxis II: Content Test with a passing score.
- A completed Teacher Education admissions packet.
- Application for admission into BYUH on file with the Admissions office
Leave of absences are not permitted in the post-baccalaureate licensure program. Students who discontinue will be required to reapply for admission.